Friday, July 27, 2012

Fun and the Sun

Monsoon season has officially ended here in Seoul, and man is it hot and humid. Now I realise why there are so many Korean women walking around with umbrellas to block out the sun, I may have to pick up that habit.. Until that begins I will stick lathering myself in sunblock and trying to stay in the shade.

This week has been great. Wednesday I shot my first clothing campaign here in Seoul, it was for a brand named MOGG. My call time was 1pm and it wasn't a great start as the stylist was convinced I had changed my hair since the casting, but after a few tweaks and compromise between makeup and hair stylist all was well. But what I thought may be an easy day, wasn't, 40 beautiful looks later, we finished at 10pm. The second half of the day was lots of fun as everyone on set became more open and personalities appeared. I was super happy at the end of the shoot as the stylist gave me a pair of shoes I had liked as a 'thank you' gift.

Yesterday was filled with castings but it was nice being driven around by the head booker and being shown some sights and constant jokes between all of us. Reminiscing about the first time I was in Seoul 3 years ago.

However, today was definitely the best day I have had in a long time. It started off with my usual trip to the gym, then at noon me and two of the girls went to get pedicures and a manicure. Laura went for the mani and Morwenna and I both went for the pedis. The dilemma, however, was which color of nail varnish did we want. After much deliberation I went for gold glitter, Morwenna chose pink glitter and Laura had her hands done neon pink. I don't think I will ever be able to do 'natural' nails again.



After getting our nails done Morwenna who is a photographer as well took as to the beautiful temple to do some shots. It was amazing seeing her at work and the pictures look stunning and hopefully I can show them soon. Now to say goodbye to the dear friend Laura that we've made, we are going to have some yummy korean bbq and hit the dance floor for a bit.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! 

Ps. Everyone remember to enjoy the Olympics in London and try to remain calm with public transportation.


No comments:

Post a Comment