Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week Two and Winning

Well Well Well...

Things here in Seoul have been going super well. This past week was a bit slow with castings but it's given me a chance to work on some of the bracelets I make (pictures to come later this week) and to do some touristy things, oh, and fitness classes at the gym.

Yesterday the girls and I went to a traditional Korean village which I had visited on my last trip, its such a serene area and the contrast between the bustling metropolitan Seoul are unbelievable. The traditional village is filled with several houses as well as different activities to show what past traditional life was like. However, it isn't the "artifacts" that grab my attention there, it's the peace and serenity.




The four of us girls had a wonderful time just walking around, then decided to head to the tourist shopping area of Myeondong for some lunch and browsing. The other draw of heading there was for the Japanese style photo booth.

the finished result
I'm used to living on my own, so it's a different feeling being in a flat filled with 3-4 other girls. But, thank goodness my agency here in Seoul, DCM is very particular about which girls are in town at the same time, they want to make sure that we will all be able to get along, they do their best to ensure that girls aren't from the same countries so that a sense of solidarity doesn't develop too strongly. Right now we are a mix of Canadian, English and Spanish. The 4 of us were talking the other night about how although we all come from different backgrounds, we are able to all get along. We all found this refreshing and lent it to how we were raised. Thank you Moms and Dads!

That is all for now but there will be some more updates later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment