Monday, September 17, 2012

London Fashion Week

Sorry I've been rubbish at writing this past week, but London Fashion Week had taken over my life. My days consisted of far more castings than humanly possible to get to, then once Fashion Week officially started this past friday, those already busy days were then filled with not only castings, but shows and fittings as well.

To say the least, I am writing to you rather exhausted looking forward to a couple of days off before I head to Paris to do it all over again. Oh, and did I mention that Paris fashion week also lasts longer than here in London?

I didn't do as many shows as usual here in London, but, after talking with other blonde models I know quite well, they all had a less than stellar season here in London. The reason for this was evident in the choice of casting with most shows, brunettes! Long, brown hair. This industry is rather fickle, so it may be brunettes here in London this season, but another city, it may be another trend.

I however was able to walk some amazing shows, Georgia Hardinge, Antipodium and J JS Lee to name a few.

I was also able to attend the presentation of my dear friend Lee Miller showing his new line, Dr. Robert, needless to say, I want everything! Today, I also went to his partner's show, Christian Blanken who I usually walk for but due to reasons beyond both of our controls, could not this season. But it was lovely to watch and see it, another collection I want everything from.

Another hi-light of my week was doing a presentation for Georgia Hardinge, someone who I've modeled for from the start and whom is currently blowing up. She recently did a fashion film that just blows my mind.

Here are a few pictures from my week!

Me, Georgia Hardinge and another model Nala with family of Georgia's.

Nala and I in Georgia Hardinge.

Backstage with Toni and Guy

my rack at J JS Lee

my backstage buddy Dillon and I at J JS Lee

with the designer of J JS Lee and her mother!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics! love your blog :) Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete