Friday, September 28, 2012

Paris Fashion Week!





Number One! Sorry for not having posted anything in a few weeks, as you now know, I've been doing both London and now Paris fashion week, so between running from casting, to fitting, to show to casting casting, show, and all over again, and trying to keep up with my university course, this blog is something that takes a backseat.

Well, yes, I am in Paris, I love it here, but it can be tough. I am so grateful my parents put me in french immersion back in the day, as I'm able to communicate and get what I need much easier, rather than be stared at rudely for not speaking the language. And yes, it does happen here.


Louvre

I really lucked out with where I'm staying this time around in Paris. I have a room in an apartment in Montmatre (think the film Amelie). One of my south facing windows has a gorgeous view of the Eiffel tower, so not matter how hard I may try (although I'm not), I shan't forget where I am! Then, behind me, although not from a view via my window, is Bastille Sacre-Coeur, one of my favorite sites in Paris. Alas, I really lucked out!

This week has been rather busy. I did a show wednesday for a Chinese designer Liu Fang which was neat to do. The clothing was all knitted white. So to match, we had our faces painted white, including white eyelashes.


Then yesterday I had the pleasure of doing Lutz Huelle for a second season. It's always lovely doing his show as the atmosphere is always relaxed and everyone is so friendly. Oh, and the fact that there's wine backstage just may help!
My 3 looks from Lutz

Finally, today I did another favorite show, Issey Miyake, which I've done for three seasons now. Everything that comes from this house is incredible, everything is so intricate and needs to be "just so". But where this could be annoying, it's fantastic as everyone who works for the house is unbelievably kind. 

Backstage was busy as always, but that wasn't a problem as I was able to find a little corner to chill once I had done hair and makeup. The best part about this backstage experience was definitely the foot reflexologist that was on hand. HEAVEN! 

The show took place at Le Grand Palais which is an incredible venue and somewhere so unique to do a show.
the roof of Le Grand Palais

lineup




 Well, that's all for today. But stay tuned as I will try to post again in a few days.








No comments:

Post a Comment