Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A different meaning

Well, the title of my last post ended up having a far different meaning than I thought it would. It my head, let the games begin, meant celebrating the submission of my thesis essay. Boy, was I wrong...

I had a great time celebrating Phil's birthday with Morwenna and other good friends at one of our favourite bars, Indo on Friday. But, that's where the fun of the weekend began and ended. I had had a toothache for several days, so I saw a dentist Saturday morning. She was lovely and I couldn't believe how much cheaper seeing a dentist is here than in Canada, shocking! Anyhow, she prescribed me with some antibiotics. So after doing some errands and picking them up from Boots, I took one.

This is where my weekend went downhill... I had a horrible reaction to these antibiotics and quickly acquired nausea and a migraine. That being said, I spent the whole of the weekend, and Monday after my morning castings in bed. I had to cancel seeing friends from out of town and attending a concert. Let the games begin more so meant, the games of sickness rather than fun. I'm still feeling rather dreadful, but slowly improving.

It may have been a dreadful weekend, but this week has been a much needed improved. Monday eve I found out that I would be working for Wella, a hair company the following day. I wasn't sure how it would go since at the casting it was all Italians, minus the photographer. But, arriving on set Tuesday morning took away all my apprehension. A fellow Premier model, Kerri-Lee was working with me that day, and boy oh boy did we have the best of times! I hadn't had that much fun on set in ages, the clients loved us both and we were all having laughing fits by the end of the day.

Molly, the photographer's dog

preview of Kerri and I

shot of me and the boys
 Wednesday turned out to be fantastic as well. Tuesday evening I got a text from Morwenna asking me to join her at a couple of launch parties she had been invited to, so of course I jumped at the chance!

We were lucky enough to have a car pick us up and bring us to the first event, a launch party with Spanish clothing company, Bimba and Lola. The music was great and soon as we walked in we ran into a lot of my bookers from Premier. It was a lovely surprise. Morwenna and I ate a couple of nibbles and had a glass of champagne while catching up with others, but then like Cinderellas, we had to go!
Morwenna posing with one of the looks
Our car brought us to the next party, a launch for SuperTrash, where our friend Olivia joined us. As the three of us were walking up we could tell it was a different vibe than the previous event. This one had about ten photographers waiting outside as well as blaring music. Morwenna had been given an outfit by SuperTrash to wear to the party (she looked stunning might I add) so everyone was fawning over the gal.

shot of the party
We had such a good time having a little dance and checking out all the gorgeous clothes. Pretty sure a good chunk of my income is going to go there next month...

Morwenna posing with her dress
the two of us in our Wednesday best
The week has been going fantastic so I'm looking forward to what the rest of it holds. However, I will definitely be much more careful when choosing a blog title such as, Let the Games Begin!















No comments:

Post a Comment