Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Beat Goes On

The past few days have been rather low key on my part of things. With the time going back an hour, the sun going down early, and winter quickly setting in, I've became even more domestic than usual. It really does feel like one should be eating dinner at 5pm and going to bed at 6pm when it's dark outside! I swear winter wouldn't be so bad if it were light out a tad longer. That being said, I really find daylight savings to no longer be relevant. It was created to benefit farmers, so they could make better use of having work periods in daylight. However, most societies that are most affected with daylight hours during winter are no longer predominantly farming communities. I feel that winter and daylight savings in our day and age now just brings on issues such as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and people leaving home and returning in the dark.

Anyway... I had the pleasure this past Thursday of having a catchup and session with my homeopath, Carolyne Hallett (http://www.homeopathtohealth.co.uk/). She is an incredibly brilliant woman and so easy to talk to, she's become my "English Mother". It's nice having a mother figure when mine is across the pond. Thru homeopathy, Carolyne has helped me reduce my anxiety, sleep better, I no longer get jetlag when I travel (thanks to her jetlag remedy) and she just generally advises me on any ailments and helping me to lead a healthy lifestyle. If you're interested in alternative therapies, I strongly suggest checking out her website, she's a miracle worker!

In other news, my parents decided to give me an early Christmas present, which I was more than keen to receive...a slow cooker! I have wanted one for several years, so it was the perfect gift! Now I can just pop the ingredients in in the morning and when I get home, voila! A fantastic meal!



                                                
So Sunday eve, I popped in all the ingredients, and made Chicken Cacciatore. DELCIOUS! It cooked the chicken so nicely that it just fell apart in your mouth. This is for sure my new favorite toy!



I also have a paper due in a week and a half so I have been doing tons of reading for that, along with research. It's going better than I thought it would, having freaked out at my professor about not having access to the books needed for said paper. However, with a little hard ball on my end, all is well!


It's cold out there, so keep warm everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Slow cookers are the best. I made some pork last night and it's pretty amazing. In regards to daylight savings time, I personally prefer to walk to work while it's light, even if I have to come home when it's a little dark. There is something about the morning being light that makes my days easier.

    In regards to your reading about Fredrick Douglass, please watch this video and you'll ace that paper. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d47e6a33a5/drunk-history-vol-5-w-will-ferrell-don-cheadle-zooey-deschanel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaron you are brilliant! Not sure if I"ll ace my paper via that video..but was grand!

    ReplyDelete