Thursday, November 8, 2012

Girl About Town

I was pleasantly surprised Tuesday evening when I got a text from my friend, Elsa (check out her food blog http://messi-palate.com/) inviting me to two events the following evening. I jumped at the chance as I had been in all week working on research for my university paper.

So yesterday evening her and I met at Shaka Zulu, at the Stables Market, Camden to attend the first event. Shaka Zulu was such an incredible location, it's African themed and there's carved wooden walls. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures, it was far too dark. 

This event was for a new store opening called Deki, unfortunately, you wouldn't have known why you were there, almost no promotion going on. We had a couple of glasses of champagne and decided to move on.

The next stop was for the press launch of Barrio East, a Mexican eatery/cocktail bar that currently has two locations, Barrio Central and Barrio North. The atmosphere was incredible! So many people, fantastic decor, yummy cocktails and fantastic canapes. 



Elsa and I's choice bartender
There was even some Brazilian dance and capoeira (dance fighting) performances. We were thoroughly entertained! I must say if you get the chance to check out any of the, soon to be three locations, head to Barrio, you're sure to have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment