Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Well Spent!

I must say that this weekend was a massive improvement to the past one!

Friday night I took part in a hip hop class at Danceworks studio near Bond St tube station with Morwenna and Olivia. They had been going to a Wednesday eve one but decided to try this Friday one and asked me to join as well.

I was not disappointed! It was an hour and a half class, the first twenty minutes or so spent warming up and the rest of the class learning a routine. It was a great way to spend a Friday evening getting some exercise and having some fun with the girls, I think it's going to become a weekly thing for me!

Saturday was wonderful as well, it was pouring outside and after some transportation difficulties I finally arrived at Broadway Market to have a reunion lunch with my dear friend Stacy. She's been out of town filming and then joining up with her boyfriend's music tour. So it was great to catch up and enjoy a lovely lunch. It's a shame the weather was so rainy and windy though as we couldn't take advantage of the market.

That night I headed out to Sketch to see Morwenna dj again. We had a really great time as Olivia came later on to. We danced the night away to some disco and electro tunes. It wasn't as busy as several other Saturdays I had been there, so it was a nice change to have some room to dance and more freedom for Morwenna to play tunes she preferred.

The badboy capes Olivia and I were given to wear when we went out for fresh air

The weekend continued to improve when Sunday Morwenna rang me to invite me out to the estate that has been in her family since 1490, Knebworth House. I was very excited as the weather was finally sunny and it was a chance to see the place Morwenna is always talking about, and to get out of the city.

I quickly got ready and packed an overnight bag and headed to Morwenna's so me, her and her boyfriend Phil could catch the train from King's Cross.

Upon arrival I couldn't get over the beauty of the place. The land was so vast and the architecture was incredible. 

Knebworth House
After some yummy homemade vegetable soup from the garden, me, Phil, Morwenna, her father and their family dog Oscar headed out for a walk over some of the property. It was so beautiful to be out in nature, getting fresh air and forgetting about the bustle of London.



stags and deer we stumbled upon


The dinosaur park

Afterwards we watched a film by the fireplace and had some dinner cooked by Phil. This was followed by a tour given by Morwenna of the "museum" part of the house. The history was incredible and the decor, out of this world. The house is often used for filming, which it was this weekend, for an episode of Miss Marble.

Harry Potter shrine wall from scenes filmed at Knebworth

dining table
Overall I haven't had this wonderful of a weekend in quite some time and am very grateful to Morwenna and her family for having me!


























1 comment:

  1. That's some weekend! You've got some famous friends!

    I think I may have to join a dance class, I can't find anyone to start a soccer team with me so I'll have to get my exercise elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete