Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!


 
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! It's one of my favourite "holidays" of the year. I've always been obsessed with all things Halloween, the dressing up, the films...the candy! Although Halloween is officially today, I celebrated it Saturday night.


My friends Matthew and Hannah had invited me to their friend's annual house party. After debating between whether I should be go as a Lumberjack and be typically Canadian or a cat, by using the spur of the moment Tesco costume purchase. After consulting the house party's facebook page, it was decided that I should combine the two. Alas, for Saturday night I was a Lumbercat! I did convince a few people that it was a Superhero from a Canadian Television show back in the day.

LUMBERCAT!



Matthew as his favourite author Raymond Chandler

The Host, Pete, as a zombie?
I had such a good night, although it proved impossible to get a cab home, so was left to public transport. As much as we complain about it, I was sure thankful as I wasn't prepared to wait around in fancy dress for an hour attempting to get a black cab! The fact that clocks went back an hour definitely threw me off though, as I was ready to call it a night at 2am, then bam, it was 1am again!
Regent's Canal

Earlier Saturday I had met up with my good friend Francesca to do something we hadn't done in over a year, go to Broadway Market. It's a market that takes places on Saturdays near London Fields in East London. I used to go all the time, but with my past travel schedule I hadn't had the time. Although it was freezing and would rain on and off, it was great to catch up. We had lunch at one of our favourite pubs, The Dove Freehouse, she had bangers and mash and I had a delicious Bison Burger, I did take half of it home though as it was far too big for me to finish comfortably!

Our tasty lemonade and elderflower sodas!
I also got to work on my cooking skills yesterday eve when Francesca came over for a quick dinner. I decided to make Beef Bourgonge and I must say, it was rather tasty! With the cold weather coming I'm going to do my best to cook some good 'ol comfort foods! 

I also just wanted to let everyone know that is being affected, or knows anyone being affected by Hurricane Sandy that my prayers are with you and that we are all thinking of you. It's hard to watch all the devastation on the news but feel so helpless from the other side of the pond.






No comments:

Post a Comment