Saturday, August 11, 2012

Birthday Bonanza

That's right folks, 08/08 has come and gone and I celebrated my birthday here in Seoul.

After a lovely skype chat with my parents and being able to open the wonderful gifts they posted me, I opened a selection of goodies from my roomate here and partner in crime, Morwenna. Even though it was my birthday, it wasn't a day off, so in between castings the two of us went to Butterfinger Pancake, an American style pancake restaurant, for brunch, something we've wanted to do since we arrived here in Seoul, so we had a perfect excuse. The wait was worth it as we each savoured each bite of our omelet and blueberry pancakes.

With full bellies we had a few more castings. I had one just by myself so as I returned the the apartment and was putting away my things, I started hearing the girls singing Happy Birthday! I was so surprised! One of our managers Emilie had brought a cake to the flat and serenaded me. It was such a lovely and unexpected gesture!


To complete the day Morwenna and I decided to hike up Namsan Mountain to go up Seoul Tower. It was such a beautiful hike filled with nature, and lots of sweating! It was super hot out even though it was evening and there was a lot more stairs than either of us had expected. But it was so worth it. We then decided to go up to the top of the tower and partake in the incredible views. 

I have to admit, I am one lucky girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment