Monday, August 6, 2012

The Latest

Another weekend has passed, and I've been here in Seoul a month now. I really can't believe how quick it's been passing. I'm discovering as I get older than time passes quicker and quicker, that's why it's always important to always be positive and take risks in life and never have regrets over what you didn't do.

Friday the flatmates and I went to a bar called Cork before heading to the usual club where all the models seem to go on Friday nights, Eden. Cork was a blast, after playing several rounds of Jenga and getting to know each other better, it was karaoke time! Good thing the bar was rather empty to begin with, because I think our voices would have cleared it out pretty quickly...

Unfortunately we should have called it a night after the bar as Eden was far too busy and not playing that great of music, a disappointment as it was our two new flatmates first night out in Seoul. There's always next time!

Saturday continued to be rather quiet, filled with a stretching class at the gym, then a wander over to the Hyundai department store to hit the food hall and eat samples. I must say, with all the food samples you're offered one can almost count a visit as a meal without having to spend any money!

Morwenna and I decided to get into tourist gear Sunday to visit the War Memorial Museum.
War Memorial Museum

The Museum was incredible. Just the scale of size was unbelievable. The nice thing about it also was that it wasn't just explaining the different wars that Korea has faced, but also commemorated not only the Korean soliders that fought, but gave great credit to all the soliders of the UN countries that aided in South Korea's defense.
me with all the UN flags

"Tear Drop" made with tags from soliders who participated in the war.
The Museum was extremely informative and Morwenna and I both learnt a lot. Yay for educational tourism!

No comments:

Post a Comment