Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Typhoon Tuesday

Everyone was anxious to see what would happen with the approach of Typhoon Bolaven towards South Korea. We had our managers message us and told to be sure to shut all the windows and not to go out until Tuesday evening. Tuesday at 2pm was expected to be the worse.

We decided to sort of ignore said warnings Monday night when some of us decided to go to Dongdaemun Market, which is a market for buying cheap clothes for young people, a very crazy place indeed. I wasn't feeling well so I didn't stay too long.

I was hoping to wake up Tuesday morning to some typhoon action, but i was rather disappointed as it was just raining a little bit and the wind wasn't so fierce. So, I waited and waited and waited. Then, I waited some more, and around 4pm we decided that it wasn't going to affect Seoul as much as people had prepared for.

With that being said, Morwenna and I hit the gym, had coffee then decided to go to a local bar to play some cards.

I guess it's good news that the Typhoon didn't affect us, but being the weirdo I am, I wanted a bit of stormy action! Sadly, I was very underwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment