Thursday, October 11, 2012

A little Me Time!

It's no secret that I've been extremely busy lately, so tuesday, when I had a day completely free, I was going to spend it doing things for myself. Alas, the day began with me heading to Virgin Active Health Centre, I had contacted the gym on the weekend and was going to be given a tour and membership options. The gym was lovely and there are a lot of classes, including a swimming pool, so I was sold. I hadn't been to a gym since Seoul, so it was great getting back into it.

Afterwards, I headed to the supermarket to buy baking supplies! That's right, I'm (not so) secretly very domestic! I bought all of the ingredients there, then headed to the shop beside my flat to get the baking pans I would need.

As usual, I decided to use my Mom's recipe and make Bran Muffins, they're a perfect healthy snack and something I can easily take with me on castings.

mid process

COMPLETE!
After all was cleaned I decided to take an afternoon nap and then the next thing I knew I was waking up at it was 6.50pm! I had a text from my dear (fellow Canadian) friend Matt whom was taking me to a gig that night. I quickly decided I needed to shower and I quickly got ready to meet him for a quick pub dinner. 


After dinner we headed to the venue, a pub called The Slaughtered Lamb which had a lovely downstairs area. The bands were all Canadian and they were lovely! They would include stories about the songs, and they were SO Canadian. Matthew and I had a good laugh.

Afterwards we went to have a few drinks and chat at the place where Matthew's friend, Brian is staying. I had met Brian at the same time I met Matthew so it was really nice to see him again. After much hackling we were finally able to get Matt out on the piano.


It was the best night I had had in a very long time and was just what I needed.

But, before I end this post, check out thisismyjam.com a music application co-created by Matthew. It allows you to choose your favorite song of that week and share it with friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment