Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Autumn Days

As I write this post, the sun is streaming in through my window, warming up my room. It may be chilly out, but autumn is here and I love this time of year. Layers of clothing and warm jumpers, pumpkin flavoured things, Halloween, oh and of course, mulled wine!

I have been keeping myself quite busy these past few days, and there's nothing better than feeling productive each day, that something was accomplished.

Friday night I went for drinks with my friend Hollei and kept it rather low key, since this weekend we were both working for Toni and Guy again. This time it was at Salon International, a massive hair show. I always like getting some samples for the different exhibitors too! Saturday was just rehearsals, so nothing intense.

Afterwards I went  for tapas with one of my dearest friends, Stacy. She insisted on buying me a late birthday dinner (bless her) and we wanted to have a mini farewell as she was leaving the following day to continue filming. Our chats were wonderful as always and the food was delicious. I highly recommend trying El Olivio in Stoke Newington.

Stacy and I

our lovely feast


 Then Sunday was a 7.30am call time. I thanked my lucky stars that I live on the DLR line (Docklands Light Railway) which meant I could leave the house at 7am to be there on time. However, most weren't so lucky, due to it being a weekend, there is usually tons of tube closures so most people had to leave around 6am to get there on time.
the sun rising as I leave my flat

It was another fun day having a laugh with everyone, but me oh my, I was knackered by the end of the it.

Yesterday after taking care of a few appointments I met Morwenna and Laura for a matinee at the cinema, we saw Ruby Sparks and it was a great film! Sort of a rom-com but with many twists. It's definitely worth seeing. I hadn't been to the cinema in quite some time, and it had been years and years since I saw a matinee so it was nice to do something different.

Later in the eve I did my first Hatha Yoga class and it was a great end to a Monday, it was all about being able to achieve the different postures by using your breath, then able to go into them deeper.

During this week Hollei and I had a chance to chat about being yourself, regardless of company, our specific conversation related to dating, and whether we should act more girly on dates, or just be ourselves. Together we decided that no, it was much better just to be ourselves. Yesterday she then sent me this picture and I thought I would share it.


That being said, until next time folks!

1 comment: