Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Toni and Guy Main Stage and a SURPRISE!

As I was mentioning in my last post, I was going to be working with one of my favourite clients this past weekend, Toni and Guy. I have been working with some of the people on the creative team since I started modelling 3/4 years ago. Working with the team has always been nothing but fun, so of course I wasn't disappointed this weekend.

Late Saturday morning I headed to the academy to have a bit of hair prep done, more or less the team deciding how they were going to achieve my look for the show. Unfortunately I left them rather limited as no bleach was ever going to touch my scalp again, and anything they did had to be temporary.

But with the skills this team have they put some water color in my hair (washes out in 1-2 washes) and the final look would be achieved on the Sunday, the day of the show.

That being said, we all headed down to the Battersea Power Station where Toni and Guy had a MASSIVE tent built in which the show would be held. As with previous years of taking part in the "Main Stage" show, no expense is spared.
Battersea Power Station
At rehearsals I was able to catch up with all the Toni and Guy team who I hadn't seen during London Fashion Week and to see some models I hadn't seen in a while. I was very pleasantly surprised when I had found out the previous day that my friend Hollei whom I'd met in Sydney would be doing the show as well.

Once arriving, then catching up with everyone, it was waiting, waiting, and then more waiting. THEN, it was finally turn for our group to rehearse, it's a shame we went last as our rehearsal only took about 30 minutes, including our outfit fittings. However, it wasn't just walking down the catwalk, it was a marathon down the catwalk! It's length was 60 meters, so believe you and me, my calves were deffinetly getting a workout from the stilettos with that strut! We were then free to go.

Part of the catwalk

view of some chairs from the catwalk

Sunday's call time came far too quickly however, because the next thing I knew I was back at venue. Still having a cold I wasn't feeling too hot, so I was lucky they had some hot breakfast and some sunshine to revitalize me with.

Just to ensure that everything would be set for the evening's performance, we did another quick rehearsal with all the other groups. I'm glad it took a while because I knew my hair wouldn't take too long to do, and I didn't want to be sitting around all day twidling my thumbs until show time, at 7pm!
Hollei and I glammed up

I was wrong about my hair not taking long though, after we finished rehearsal I was almost right into someone's chair, that's when the debate began. The two stylists set to do my hair could not agree on how to achieve my look, then everyone had an opinion surrounding them, which made things even worse. Alas, a few hours were taken where one person would begin something, then told no, they couldn't do that, then it would begin again. After a round-a-bout afternoon, my look was achieved!



After a few minutes in makeup, it was time to get dressed and for the show to begin. There was a lot of great energy backstage as awards were being given out and videos being shown. As I stated before, no expense was spared and there was a performance by east London rapper, Professor Green. After what seemed like several hours, which I doubt it was even close, it was time for the catwalk show. We were all watching each other on the screen backstage and it went off without a hitch. 

After everyone's hard work there was a bar waiting backstage for us with assorted cocktails and beers for our taking. After downing two little cocktails I began my journey home with Hollei. As we left the tent you could see the efforts of everyone from a distance, the lights shining from the carnival rides that were brought in for the after party, the massive tent where the event was held, and the joyful sounds of the crowd. 


As stated in the title of this post....I do indeed have a SURPRISE...something I've been waiting for for a few months now. And...here it is....my...

Colombo Campaign






















No comments:

Post a Comment