Saturday, October 27, 2012

Widening Horizons!

This week began with the theatre, and two events. But things didn't really slow down, my only night to just chill, was Wednesday eve. As much as I love doing things in the eve and catching up with friends as well as meeting new people, I ADORE cooking dinner at home and being in bed at 8pm with some popcorn and a film.

Alas, although I did stay in Wednesday; during the day I met Hollei for lunch in town at one of my favorite spots, Vitaorganic, just on Wardour Street in Soho. On a whim we decided to head over to the British Museum which H hadn't yet visited and I hadn't been to in a year or more.

British Museum

 I don't have much of an attention span when it comes to museums, and thankfully neither does Hollei. So we walked around our areas of interest, Ancient Egypt and Asia, along with a bit of Chinese Jade. Along our quick browse, we saw about 30 people gathered around this one big rock, and we thought, what the heck are they looking at. So in order to find out we all went to the side they were staring at, and voila! The Rosetta Stone!!! It was so neat and we now completely understood why there was such a crowd gathered! It is a very important piece in language so I'm very glad we stumbled upon it.
Rosetta Stone

Thursday evening I finally went to go see Frankenweenie. I'm a die hard Tim Burton fan and have been watching his films since I was a wee one. I'm a little bit odd that way, growing up I insisted on watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissor Hands several times a week each. The film was brilliant and perfect to get me in the Halloween spirit! However, I don't think that many people realise that it's a re-make of a film with the same name from 1984. 

Afterwards I met up with a few friends to have a drink at the bar Indo, just on Whitechapel. It's a hole in the wall place but really cool and serve incredible pizza. On the walk there we spotted this...


More Halloween! Or just a mannequin's leg that somehow got left on the public bench..

I ended the week with an editorial yesterday, the premise was gothic so it also helped get me into the Halloween spirit.

The day was finished up with a trip to the Om Yoga show with Hollei which was very interesting, and had a lot of yummy samples too! 

London has gotten FREEEEEZZZZING! I'm currently sat in front of my heater with two jumpers on and a hot tea beside me..
keeping warm on the bus


Tonight is a Halloween party so I will have stories and pictures from that in a few days time! STAY WARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment