Friday, October 19, 2012

I Won the Week

Since my post earlier in the week, my days have continued to be nothing but positive and filled with great times. Besides my Toni and Guy weekends, work has pretty well been non-existant, most girls I know will agree. It's always like this, people are recovering from fashion weeks and next week things shall be back to normal. Until then, I'm continuing to fill my days up rather well!

Tuesday evening I was browsing thru facebook, like most people are guilty, and a girl I know Georgiana had her status stating that she had extra tickets to see Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House for 8£ and if anyone was interested to let her know. So of course, I jumped at the chance! I had wanted to go see it and looked online a few weeks ago, only to find that it was all sold out. I thought Cheska would be interested and rang her up.
Royal Opera House before curtain up


Our seats were in what I like to call "the nose bleed section" with obstructed view, but hey, it was Swan Lake! I love the ballet and the last time I had been was about 2 years ago when my dear friend Emily gave me tickets that her and her boyfriend were going to use but were unable to. So it was wonderful to have the opportunity to go again.


I love everything about going to the ballet, dressing up, the orchestra, the costumes, the story, and of course, the dancing! Having danced I know just how hard it is and how much dedication it takes, yet these pros make it look so easy!

Yesterday was another brilliant night! I brought my friend Laura to see a band called The Funeral Suits that I had discovered online when I was in Paris for shows. It was at one of my favorite venues, The Lexington in Islington. It's always great getting out to see live music and this gig definitely didn't disappoint!

Afterwards, we headed to a bar/club I used to frequent at least once a week, yet hadn't been to in about a year. The reason for going was that Morwenna (morwennamondays.com) and her boyfriend Phil were djying. It was quiet at first so it felt like a house party, with Morwenna's great disco tunes playing. I had a great time dancing and tasting some of Manero's home-brewed Pumpkin Liquor, as well as meeting some of Morwenna and Phil's friends that I had only yet heard about. It was getting busy just as I was leaving but it was late enough already and I needed my beauty sleep!
nail montage with Morwenna


I'm not too sure what the weekend shall bring, but next week you'll be sure to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment